Thursday, September 13, 2012

the summoning - kelley armstrong

Walking through Skoob again and find this book. The name of the Darkest Powers trilogy is that it was written by Kelley Armstrong. So as not yet know much about it and have not read, I'll post a review that I found there in the comments Skoob.

Interesting. Perhaps this is the most appropriate adjective with which I must refer to the Invocation, the first volume of the trilogy Darkest Power, Kelley Armstrong. Interesting because, in general, the book does not go beyond that. It is not surprising or a failure, but goes a little above average.

Chloe Sanders always wanted a normal life: to be like every other girl of her age and do everything typical teenagers do. Now, at fifteen, she also never menstruated. Chloe lost her mother a few years ago, and since then, the relationship with his father is not exactly good. He always seems to be missing, however, lucky for you, Chloe has her aunt, who always help and support. However, exactly on the day of her first period, Chloe starts seeing ghosts. Not just one, but several. So many ghosts demanding her attention she freak out. Taxed like crazy, Chloe is then taken to Lyle House - an institution where they are sent troubled children and youth - and is diagnosed as schizophrenic. Chloe finds reasonable place ... But Lyle House, along with their internal, not what the facade proves to be.

Permeate the genre own supernatural elements, The Invocation is a recycling everything we already know: people who see ghosts (mediums), shamans, witches, demons, werewolves, with a background that formula that has also had the pleasure of looking at other literary works - and that despite the complaints of many, not long to continue being successful.

Armstrong created a curious atmosphere to develop their work. She used doses bearable predictability, however contrabalanceou with other, equally tolerable, unpredictability. That said, I ended up catching me off guard with two or three events that really I did not expect it would happen. Also for being the first in the trilogy, The Invocation was able to play its role as presenter of the story, leaving questions and mysteries obscured here, that may result in a sequence of higher quality (hopefully!).

Invocation takes place smoothly, going finally rapidly. It's a good experience for lovers of the supernatural genre and for those who want just a weekend hobby, however, is not suitable for those who want something different ... extremely.

Synopsis: My name is Chloe Saunders and my life will never be the same again. All I wanted was to make friends, meet boys, and keep on being ordinary. I don't even know what that means anymore. It all started on the day that I saw my first ghost—and the ghost saw me. Now there are ghosts everywhere and they won't leave me alone. To top it all off, I somehow got myself locked up in Lyle House, a "special home" for troubled teens. Yet the home isn't what it seems. Don't tell anyone, but I think there might be more to my housemates than meets the eye. The question is, whose side are they on? It's up to me to figure out the dangerous secrets behind Lyle House... before its skeletons come back to haunt me.
Twitter Facebook We Heart It Tumblr Image Map

0 COMMENT(S) :

Thanks for visiting. Feel welcome to be back and leave another sweet comment.
Hope you guys enjoy the blog and please, send a lot of love. ♡

Post a Comment